I know I have been such a slacker lately and I have not posted in a week. I am still trying to clean up my house from Christmas. We are also considering selling our home so I have been organizing and purging to the max. However, that has not stopped me from making these easy and scrumptious chicken enchiladas.
I got this delicious and simple chicken enchilada recipe from my mother-in-law and I make it all the time. The problem is I keep forgetting to take a picture of the end product. They smell so delicious, I always just head straight to the table with these chicken enchiladas, forgetting to take a picture. I used the photo below from bettycrocker.com because it looks very similar.
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can Campbell's Nacho Cheese
Cooked Shredded chicken
Green onion optional
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Saute 1/2 chopped onion and green chiles until onions are translucent.
(I like to cook my chicken in a crock pot with taco seasonings, 1/2 can beer, and 1 can water)
2. In a bowl, combine shredded chicken with green chiles, onions, and approx 1/2 packet of taco seasoning. Mix well.
3. In a separate bowl, mix one can of cream of chicken, one can of Campbell's Nacho cheese (may be labeled soup), and about 8 oz of sour cream.
4. Fill chicken mixture in tortillas and lay seam side down in greased dish.
5. Cover tortillas with sour cream mix generously.
6. Cook uncovered at 350 degrees for about 30-40 min. Top with shredded cheese and cook a few more minutes until the cheese melts. Optional: Top with sliced green onion.
photo from bettycrocker.com